The name for our reserve wine, Rocky Reserve ® , comes from the deep red, rocky soils of the Florence Vineyard, 1400 feet above Lake Sonoma and Dry Creek Valley. This is a more elegant and restrained Zin, worthy of five or more years of cellaring, though it is packed with fragrant black and blue berry fruits.
Nice dark-red in color, big blueberry-blackberry fruit, spicy-chocolatey oak, nicely focused acidity enhances mineral flavors, elegantly structured tannins for aging, super plush long finish!
- September 13 and 25, 2019
Average TA/pH at Harvest:
- 0.75 gm/100ml. pH: 3.58
- 5 days cold soak prior to ferment. All fermented in 1-ton bins, 10% bleed, hand punched down twice daily. 12 days total on skins
- 18 months in barrels: 18% new French, 10% new American, 10% 2nd fill French, 10% 2nd fill Hungarian,18% 2nd fill American and 34% older French
- 80% Zinfandel, 15% Petite Sirah, 5% Carignane
- 95% Florence Vineyard Rockpile / Dry Creek Valley