Our Rockpile Reserve ® titles designate a series of elegant red wines from the Rockpile AVA, 1000-2000 feet above Lake Sonoma and the Dry Creek Valley in NW Sonoma County. This Cabernet Sauvignon is the second varietal of the series to be released, and it is comes from the Rockpile Vineyard of Rod and Cathy Park at 2000 foot elevation. It is graciously styled with black cherry-cassis fruit and a nice hint of tobacco and cedar-spice, with the long smooth creamy finish that is so characteristic of Rockpile reds.
Dark red in color. Black cherry-cola and cassis fruit, long and deep on nose and palate. Cedary oak spice and warm pipe tobacco aromas, dark chocolate, vanilla at finish, smoothly structured tannins.
- October 16, 2017 (1 week after Tubbs Fire)
Average TA/pH at Harvest:
- TA 0.50 gm/100ml pH: 3.80
- 16 days total on skins, including 2-day cold soak and 4 days extended maceration. Fermented in 0.8-ton T-bins (2 yeasts) & punched down by hand twice/day.
- 30 months in 100% new French oak
- 95% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petite Sirah
- 100% Rockpile Vineyard, 2000 ft elevation. Solar-powered/sustainably farmed ROCKPILE, Sonoma County
- March 1, 2021