Maggie's Reserve Zinfandel 2018


Price: $38.00
Quantity:
Averge Brix at Harvest:
26.7 Brix (soaked)

Alcohol:
14.8%

Total Acidity:
0.77 gm/100ml

pH:
3.30 pH


Cases Produced:
233 cases


Bottling Date:
May 29, 2020

Fact Sheet

This beautiful century-old vineyard in the heart of the Sonoma Valley was a favorite of a dear Friend-in-Zin, the late Kent Rosenblum. Its head-trained old gnarlies produce rich layers of jammy-spicy razzberry fruit that are a true delight. Let’s celebrate the fruits of Kent’s great legacy!This beautiful century-old vineyard in the heart of the Sonoma Valley was a favorite of a dear Friend-in-Zin, the late Kent Rosenblum. Its head-trained old gnarlies produce rich layers of jammy-spicy razzberry fruit that are a true delight. Let’s celebrate the fruits of Kent’s great legacy!

Winemaker Notes:

Very complexly layered raspberry fruit, sweet vanilla oak.  Full spice cupboard, lots going on in this one!  Creamy vanilla oak, great balance with fruit, a bit tart in entry.  But rich in mouth, good structure for aging.

Harvest Date:

September 18, 2018

Average TA/pH at Harvest:

0.83 gm/100ml pH 3.22

Fermentation Characteristics:

4 days cold soak prior to ferment in 0.8-ton bins Hand punched down twice daily 21 days total on skins, including 5 days extended maceration

Cellar Storage/Aging:

19 months in barrels. 25% new French, 25% 2nd fill American, and 50% 2-yr-old French & American

Varietal:

estimated 90% Zinfandel (remaining 10% is field-blend with Carignane, Alicante Bouschet, Petite Sirah, etc)

Appellation:

Sonoma Valley

Release Date:

March 2021