Mancini Zin 2015


Price: $38.00
Quantity:
Averge Brix at Harvest:
25.8 Brix (soaked)

Alcohol:
14.8%

Total Acidity:
0.73 gm/100ml

pH:
3.40 pH


Cases Produced:
236 cases


Bottling Date:
June 1, 2017

Fact Sheet

Winemaker Notes:

Very complexly layered black fruits, deep and dark and brooding.      Freshly ground black pepper, augmented by full spice cupboard.       Cedary, creamy oak, a bit of vanilla, a touch of aromatic blueberry.      Rich in mouth, good structure for aging, a bit chewy in its youth.
 

Harvest Date:

October 7, 2015

Average TA/pH at Harvest:

0.61 gm/100ml pH 3.42

Fermentation Characteristics:

5 days cold soak prior to ferment Hand punched down twice daily 14 days total on skins

Cellar Storage/Aging:

18 months in barrels: 20% new French, 20% new American, and 60% 2-year-old French & American

Varietal:

Estimated 80% Zinfandel (remaining 20% is field-blend of Carignane, with Alicante Bouschet, Petite Sirah,Grand Noir, Valdiguie, Abourieu, etc.)

Appellation:

Mancini Vineyard, Olivet Road Russian River Valley Old Vines (planted in 1922)

Release Date:

March 2018