The name KarmaZin™ was bestowed in gratitude for the many gifts of good Karma received in life, whatever the source. When positive energy is put forth in hard work mixed with integrity, the giver is rewarded with success, the fulfillment of a dream.
Very complexly layered spice and black fruits, lively! Dark chocolate, Creamy oak, a bit of vanilla cola, brown spices-nutmeg/cinnamon. Rich in mouth, good structure for aging, a bit chewy in its youth.
- October 10th (PetSirah), 15th (Zin) and 23rd (AB), 2019.
Average TA/pH at Harvest:
- 0.60 gm/100ml pH 3.85
- 5-day cold soak, then fermented in 1-ton bins and punched down twice daily, 16 days total on skins.
- 18 months in oak barrels--30% new Hungarian, 20% new French, 10% new American, 40% 2-year-old French.
- Zinfandel, Alicante Bouschet, Petite Sirah
- 95% Bastoni Vineyard, Riebli Rd, Fountaingrove District, Sonoma County.
- June 1, 2022