The name was bestowed in gratitude for the many gifts of good Karma received in life, KarmaZinwhatever the source. When positive energy is put forth in hard work mixed with integrity, the giver is rewarded with success, the fulfillment of a dream.
Very complexly layered spice and black fruits, lively! Dark chocolate, Creamy oak, a bit of vanilla cola, brown spices-nutmeg/cinnamon. Rich in mouth, good structure for aging, a bit chewy in its youth.
- October 1, 2016 (all varieties)
Average TA/pH at Harvest:
- 0.55 gm 100ml pH 3.90
- Zin was tank fermented with 6 déléstages by 12°Brix, and AB & Pet fermented in 0.8-ton T-bins (5 different yeasts), and punched down by hand two times/day **Total of 18 days on skins, including 5 days cold soak pre-fermentation
- 24 months in oak barrels-- 40% new French 40% new American 20% 2 yr old French
- 77% Zinfandel blended with
12% Alicante Bouschet, 8% Petite Sirah
- Bastoni Vineyard, Riebli Rd, Fountaingrove District
- May 1, 2019