Pairs Well With
Late Harvest Trousseau Gris
- 6 peaches or nectarines firm-ripe, halved and pitted (we like white ones best for this recipe)
- vegetable oil as needed
- Creamy blue cheese like Blue Castello, Gorgonzola or St.Agur (or mascarpone)
- honey preferably lavender, as needed
- mint fresh leaves, cut in a chiffonade (thin shreds)
- black pepper Fresh coarse-ground, if desired
- hazelnuts or almonds Toasted, chopped
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan. Brush the cut sides of the peaches with oil and place on the grill, cut-side down. Grill until caramelized. Turn over and grill until almost soft, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the nectarines to a platter, cut-side up, and place a dollop of cheese in the center of each. Drizzle with honey and grind fresh pepper, to taste, over the top. Garnish with the mint and nuts and serve with a glass of chilled Sweet Caroline Late Harvest Trousseau gris.