Pairs Well With
- 1-2 lbs Wild Salmon steaks or fillets, whatever you prefer
- 4 tsp cumin seed freshly toasted and ground (in coffee/spice grinder or mortar and pestle)
- 2 tsp coriander seed freshly toasted and ground
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 4 cloves garlic minced and sauteed briefly
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- dash white pepper freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or more if you like - I am a wuss
- 2 ounces lemon juice freshly squeezed
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil a really good one!
- 2 tbsp Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped, about 1/4 bunch
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped, about 1/4 bunch
- lemon/lime zest coarsely chopped, from the ones squeezed above
- In a bowl combine ingredients from the cumin seed through the lemon/lime juice, whisk well to blend. Add olive oil slowly. Add parsley and cilantro and gently stir in.
- Rub salmon with salt and pepper and around half of the Charmoula Sauce, let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Grill salmon over medium indirect heat to your preferred level of doneness--just cooked thru is good for us!
- Remove to a platter at top with rest of Charmoula sauce, garnish with cilantro and cherry tomato halves, olives and lemon zest curls if desired.
Servings 6 people