Carol's Ahi Poke
Pairs Well With
- 1-1.5 lbs raw sushi grade ahi tuna (also will work with quality wild salmon)- cut into small cubes (about 1/2") with a VERY sharp knife, omitting any tough membranes
- 2-3 green onions sliced thin and chopped a bit smaller yet.
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped or chiffonade-thin strips
- 1 T. lime zest finely grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste, not much needed
- 3 T. Ponzu sauce high quality, this is citrus-laced soy sauce, you can substitute soy sauce with a bit of lime juice (or lemon)
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil high quality
- 1-2 t. lime juice fresh
- 1 t. each garlic and ginger fresh minced (I use the pre-minced in the jar!)
- 1 T. brown sugar no lumps
- Toss all together in a lidded jar and shake. Chill for a minimum of 30 minutes, then serve with rice crackers (teriyaki ones are especially good) and slices/chunks of avocado and mango.