Pairs Well With
Late Harvest Trousseau Gris
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pkg Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup HOT water
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. lime juice fresh
- Zest from one lime-use a fine zester and get only the green part!
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Berries or other cut up fruit of your choice-peaches, kiwi, passionfruit-marinated for 30 min in 1/2cup of Sweet Caroline.
- Mix sugar and gelatin in small sauce pan, then add hot water and let stand for 5 minutes (off heat). Then bring to a full boil while stirring occasionally, remove from heat and gradually add the half & half, stirring all the time.
- In a separate bowl mix the sour cream, lime juice and zest and almond extract. Gradually stir in the gelatin-sugar-cream mixture from step 1. Do this fairly quickly but do not beat it hard or you will get bubbles in the final gelatin setting. Pour into lightly greased 3-cup mold (I use cooking spray even on Tupperware). Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow gelatin to set.
- Just before serving, flip mold over onto a pretty plate to release it. Garnish with mint sprig and berries, kiwis, cut up peaches, passion fruit...your choice!